DIRECTIONS to the Amigos Boathouse & Yard …. from El Centro:
Starting from the Jardin in El Centro, follow Canal straight out of town (it changes its name, but no mind) pass the bus station, pass Immigration (both on the left).
Cross the railroad tracks and follow the signs to Otomi. (Go straight ahead on the cobblestone road not the paved road to the right).
Follow for about 2 miles. When the cobbles turn to dirt (at the entrance of Otomi) … you’re almost there.
Follow the dirt road to the end of the fence and arrive at the boathouse and yard on the right.
Rules and Practices for Boathouse and Boatyard Use
Amigos members in good standing who store boats in the boathouse or yard will be given a key. They are required to follow these Rules and Practices.
Please check these rules from time to time as they are changing as we gather experience!
Key holder’s Responsibilities
1) The two major responsibilities of key holders are: first, security of the premises, and second, safety of users. As a key holder you have a right to speak out your concerns.
2) Keep your key in your possession at all times. Please do not loan it to anyone.
3) Lock the boathouse and boatyard when you leave always. Exception: unless you have a specific agreement with another key holder who is on the premises and accepts that this responsibility has been passed to him/her.
4) A list of Key holders appears as the last sheet on the LOG on the clip board in the boathouse.
5) In an emergency, the guard at the Otomí guard house has a key. You will be required to ‘sign out’ for it … and maybe leave an id with him. (Depends on who is on duty)
6) Assure that you, other members, and guests fill out the LOG on the clip board in the boathouse.
7) Report anything which appears to you to be out of place or questionable in the boathouse, boatyard, or with individuals on the premises. Either call the information to Mike Lambert at 415 114-4882, his designate, or email: email@example.com. If in doubt, report it!